Layout

Friday, May 27, 2011

Anniversary Trip... Part 1

 For our anniversary we decided to go to Washington DC. Philip's sister and her husband live in Alexandria, VA along with their cute daughter, Emsleigh (seen below). So it seemed like a great place to take a vacation and to visit family at the same time. I have never been anywhere near the East Coast before and couldn't wait to see a huge part of our nation's history. Philip took a school trip to DC and has spent the past 6 years telling me about it and all of the cool things out there- needless to say we were both way excited to go!



She is so stinkin' cute! She is so active and just talks and talks. 



Uncle Phee and Emsleigh




First stop.. Mt. Vernon



 How pretty is this place? It was so crazy to imagine Washington being there. This piece of land is so huge and just gorgeous.


 Waiting to take the mansion tour

 View from Washington's backyard of the Potomac River. When can I move in?

 Washington's Tomb
 Yup by the time we finished our tour of the mansion and saw Washington's tomb it was raining cats and dogs. Thus why I rocked the poodle hair in the rest of the pictures.



My incredibly hot husband!


 I loved how green everything was there. I was completely surprised. I expected more of city environment.
 Next stop... Arlington Cemetery. Can I just say seeing this place in real life is one of the best experiences I've ever had. I am so proud to be an American and to know how many people have given up their life for my freedom. Really going to DC makes you just so proud and honored to live in America.. Okay sorry back to Arlington.
 I'm pretty sure Erin told me that all of these headstones right here are mostly unknown soldiers.
 Just some interesting headstones


 View from Robert E. Lee's house (also known as the Arlington House)
 If you look close enough you can see a lot of the landmarks.







 Some pics from inside the house




 They believe this to be the first person buried there.
The Kennedys



 Changing of the guards for the unknown soldier.

 Seriously one of the coolest things to see. I have never seen so many high school kids able to be quiet to witness something - ever.
























Back to the house and ready to call it a night. Thanks so much Erin and Jared for letting us come and stay with you. We were able to see so many things and do so much out there because of you guys! It means more to us than you know. Hopefully we can do it again :0)

We have sooo many more pictures so plan on a few more blogs. 

No comments: