Layout

Friday, June 8, 2012

The Big Announcement!

Mother's Day weekend we had a big announcement for our family. We decided to surprise them with the news that we are expecting a baby in December. I know I didn't update again after my last doctor appointment, but they bumped our due date back to 12/12/12. So we're just sticking with that for now. We heard the baby's little heartbeat and it was a strong 160 bpm which has Philip completely convinced that it's a girl. At our last appointment though it had slowed down quite a bit. Anyway, back to the announcement. We made some cute cards to give to our family (and the few close friends that we told early). Here's a pic of what they looked like..



 
Of course we had to feature our other kids in the announcement.
 I know the pictures of the cards aren't the best, but you get the picture!

We decided to wait and tell everyone else (well those that the news hadn't leaked out to yet) after our next appointment. The appointment came just at the right time because the last part of our trip in Texas I got super sick. I hadn't been able to keep any food, drink, or anything down for the last week and a half before my appointment. We went to the doctor and he noticed my big drop in weight and prescribed me some medicine that's been helping a ton! I don't really have any cravings anymore. Mostly I have to force myself to eat, but I am doing tons better! It was crazy to see the difference in ultrasounds from the visit before to this visit. The baby had grown quite a bit and was moving around. We were able to see the hands and feet, it was really fun! Even though my health wasn't the best the doctor said the baby is doing great! We should find out what we're having next appointment!
 
Philip is obsessed with this ultrasound picture. He's convinced it looks like an alien so this is the picture of choice he shows everyone. What a weirdo! 

That's our news for now. I'll try to be a better blogger and keep all the updates posted! :0)

3 comments:

Alison said...

I'm so excited for you two! Preparing for the baby is so much fun, I can't wait to hear what you are having. Good luck, and hope you are feeling better!

DearHarrison.com said...

Boy or girl, I think "Swoop" is going to be his/her name. Tell me I'm right. :)

We're excited for you guys! You're in for quite an adventure!

Munchy's Mama said...

I am SOOOOOO happy for you guys! CONGRATS!! Yay for Baby Gray!