Layout

Sunday, August 15, 2010

The post you've all been waiting for... OUR HOUSE!


Okay. So I know there aren't tons of pictures, but these are the only two rooms that I feel are done enough to share online. Well our bathroom is too, but I just haven't got around to taking pictures.. Two days before our wedding, May 19, 2010, we closed on our home! What a great feeling. We've both owned cars, but I don't think either of us felt as accomplished as we did when we bought our house. It's a 4 or 5 bedroom (depending on who looks at it, I say 4 with an office realtor said 5), 2 bathroom, 1 living room, and 1 family room house. Everyone always asks us why we bought a house so big to start out in or bought a house period and to this question I always say "Why not?" We absolutely fell in love with this house the moment we walked in the door. After months of house hunting and many failed attempts we had just about given up. We had talked earlier that day and had literally decided this was our last day of looking. Enjoy the pictures and hopefully more will be up soon.

Our kitchen table from Philip's parents. We absolutely love it. (Don't mind all the food in the background it's from our BBQ)


Our fridge. Man was this a chore to put in. Thank goodness my brother is a handy man and helped us out tons. We had to raise our cupboards and take the top off the counter to the right and put it on differently. I was seriously stressing out so bad, but my brother came to the rescue and made it fit just right. Thanks John.


Our stove and microwave are also brand new. We just had a white fan above the stove place before so we decided that since we needed a microwave anyway to put in an above the range. This was also a VERY snug fit, but once again my brother came to the rescue. I love how it looks.


Our dishwasher and sink. Not so much to look at, but before we moved in we had a white dishwasher (the only appliance in the house) so we decided to upgrade that to black too.

A better view of the kitchen.



Our living room ( I absolutely love our furniture)

A typical night at our house consists of putting our ottoman right up to our couch and crashing on it just like a bed. Our furniture takes up more room than we had planned, but I definitely think it's worth it.


Other view of our living room.

That's all the pictures for now and decorations will be coming soon. As soon as the other rooms are more presentable I will post pictures of them. Being a house owner is DEFINITELY more work than Philip and I imagined, but I can't imagine a better place to start our lives together.


2 comments:

Michelle said...

love it! isn't it so great to have your own house?! you're doing a great job putting everything together! so fun...can't wait to come visit!

Munchy's Mama said...

Wow- looks great! I wanna couch/bed!