Layout

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Big News

I am so excited to post about this. I was going to just talk about my wonderful husband but now I get to talk about myself too and I totally wasn't expecting that at all..

Monday Philip started a new job at Qwest. This gives him SO many more opportunities than he had at his last couple of jobs. Now he gets a higher base pay and commission which will allow him to take off for vacations which was hard to do at his other jobs because he'd lose commission and didn't have as high of a base pay. Did I mention that he actually gets vacation hours? I'm totally excited about this! Philip is way excited about everything too. He tells me everyday how he can already tell he will love it and how it has so many great opportunities for him. They also offer 25,000 for tuition expenses too! Can you say relief? I am so proud of Philip and couldn't be happier that he found a job he knows he's going to love. Life is much easier when you work at a job that you love to go to instead of just forcing yourself to go. Yay for Philip and yeah for his future at Qwest!

I have been applying for higher jobs at my work for probably about a year now. Getting a job internally at the IRS is harder than applying for one externally. It's so weird. A lot of everything there is based on how long you've worked for the IRS and trust me there are a lot of people that have been there for FOREVER! On Friday at 10:30 am I received a phone call offering me a new job and they needed a decision by 11:00 am. The job starts MONDAY! I couldn't believe it. So I scrambled to try to get in touch with Philip (which was difficult because he's in training right now) to try to figure out what to do. Now I only say that because the job opportunity is to work swing shifts (ugh... I didn't even know I applied for any swing shift positions, I NEVER wanted to work swings), but after talking to Philip and talking to my mom we decided that I should take the opportunity so as of Monday I have a new job too. I'll be working 4 10s so I will have every Friday off so that kind of heals the wound a little bit. I am WAY excited for my new position. I've heard nothing but good news about the area. I will miss all my friendships from my last 2 years at my job, but I really couldn't be happier that something came through. I did find out they have a swings to days list and as of right now no one with my same position is on the same list so I'm really hoping I can go to days soon! Until then I will just enjoy the night differential and having a 3 day weekend every week!

1 comment:

Munchy's Mama said...

Wow--that's amazing guys! I'm so proud of both of you! You both work so hard and deserve all of the success!

Way-ta-go!