Layout

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Lately..

Thanksgiving has come and gone. This year Philip's family all came into town and I think I have maybe 5 pictures. So I'll have to see if his family posts any that I can steal. It was a busy week, but it was so fun to see everyone. Wednesday was Dixie's birthday (Philip's mom) and we went down to Salt Lake to take family pictures and stayed the night so we could wake up early on Thanksgiving and run a 5k. I know a 5k what was I thinking? It definitely wasn't my cup of tea, but maybe if I was in shape I would've enjoyed it better. Philip had a really good time (like in how fast he ran haha) and got a ribbon for beating the Cottonwood Height's mayor in the race! Way to go Philip! Then later that day we had Thanksgiving with his family, then went to Roy and had it with mine, and then finished our night back in Salt Lake to hang out with his family before some of them left town. It was busy, but it was fun. I love holidays. Black Friday Philip had to work so we both missed the Utah game. Bummer (or maybe not since they lost to the worst team in the league)! I decided to go out later in the day to get some birthday shopping/Christmas shopping done. I think I got 90% of it done that day with some killer deals.

Now that Real's season is over and Utah's is practically over we haven't really been doing much. Just work and school. This week is final's week and I don't think we could be more ready to have a break. School has been so time consuming for us, but I think it's been good. I'm so proud of Philip for all the hard work that he has done this semester. After taking so many classes just to take them he is finally on track and should have his Associate's Degree next semester! Way to go Philip! I technically have my Associate's Degree this semester, but since I transferred to Weber I have to have 20 credits there to apply for it. So if all goes as planned Philip and I will both have them next semester. How cool will that be to walk together? I think that it would be awesome.

Other than school we've been doing a little bit of remodeling in our house. Nothing to fancy just fixing up our  bathrooms up a bit and trying to get all of other rooms looking how we would like them to look. It's kind of hard to get everything 100% when there's only 2 people living in a 5 bedroom house, but there's definitely been some progress lately. When the bathrooms are up and finished I'll take some pictures and put them on here. The upstairs bathroom looks great! I absolutely love how our new vanity looks in it.

Tootsie, Trouble, and Bentley are still as spoiled as ever. We had Tootsie fixed at the beginning of November and it was seriously so hard on her. It broke my heart to see her like that and I think it broke Bentley's too. He was bummed out that she wanted nothing to do with him for a straight week. Ever since her swelling went down and her allergic reaction to shot she has been like a brand new puppy. She has sooo much energy and always wants to play. Trouble still has been bringing in mice or whatever else she can find outside. I swear she is the most obese cat ever and we definitely aren't over feeding her. It's all what she's finding outside. Crazy cat. Bentley is just Bentley. Now that Tootsie is feeling better he barely leaves her side unless he thinks he hears someone coming to our house then he'll go into guard dog mode.

That's all for now on our updates. This is long and boring and I'm sure most of you won't read it, but it's always nice to look back and see what was going on in our life, so I like to have these updates.

3 comments:

Munchy's Mama said...

Um...I read the whole thing and I enjoy the updates (:

Glad everything is going so well.

Here's to Class 2012!!

Erin said...

I read it! Loved it! Wished there was more! We had a great time with you guys, too... even though the 5K wasn't the easiest thing we've ever done! LOVE YOU!

Erin said...

I read it! Loved it! Wished there was more! We had a great time with you guys, too... even though the 5K wasn't the easiest thing we've ever done! LOVE YOU!