Layout

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Our Rings...

4. The ring:  tell us about it! did you pick it out? did he? pictures! tell us about his ring too!

 First engagement ring Philip picked out all by himself! I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE this ring. I think it fits me perfectly! It's a beautiful 1/2 Carat solitaire that I just fell in love with. These pictures are from the night he proposed! I would post close ups of just the ring, but they're on a sd card somewhere that I just don't feel like searching for, but you can tell in these pictures how gorgeous it is!
 Unfortunately when it came to finding a band to go with the solitaire we didn't have any luck. The only real option we had was putting a band on both sides of the ring and neither of us really wanted to do that. So that leads us to my actual wedding ring....
 We picked this ring out together and I absolutely love it. It's simple yet it has a little extra something to it. Plus the band isn't way thick. For everyone that knows me, I hardly wear any jewelry so I needed something that wasn't too much and this ring is it. I couldn't have been any happier with it! It's 1 carat princess cut with 2 rows of smaller diamonds leading up to the center which has 12 smaller diamonds surrounding the carat. Um in other words it's beautiful for all those who don't speak "jewelry" because I know I barely do.
 Philip's ring was a spur of the moment trip to the mall for me and I knew it was the ONE! Although I didn't buy it that day, Philip and I went in a couple weeks later and bought it. When we walked in the store Philip feel in love with it too! Plus it was only $100. SCORE! It's a black tungsten ring which means if he ever breaks that finger while wearing that ring, he is out of luck! The only one to even resize the ring is to get a brand new one (thankfully we're guaranteed that for life).
 These pictures are from our wedding! Chad Braithwaite at Faces Photography (<-- link) is amazing! Check him out!

No comments: