Layout

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Popping the question


3. Proposal: how it happened, how long were you engaged for? was it a total surprise?  pictures of that... etc. 

Fortunately I already really have our story on our engagement posted on a couple different blog posts so I'll put the links on here so everyone can check them out. 

Philip proposed 4 years to the date when we first said our "I love yous" 
July 22, 2009 
It was the perfect proposal and fit us to a tee
I kind of expected him to propose,  I even did a search check for a ring before we got out of the car that night
When I didn't see the ring anywhere I knew it wasn't happening
The sneaky little bug hid the ring and magically put it in his pocket when he got out of the car
The song "Then" by Braid Paisley that he proposed with definitely fits our "love story"
so much that it was also our first dance at our wedding
We were engaged for 10 long months
Yes those months seemed like YEARS!
But I loved being engaged,
loved calling Philip my "fiance"
(even though it's a million times better to say "husband")
Philip's first words when proposing were "So basically"
Like I said.. Our engagement story is so ... US


Here are a few of my favorite pictures from that day.













No comments: